Global power industry tenders in Q3 2019: Solar technology down 26%
Looking at global power tenders activity divided by the type of technology, solar held the second position in terms of number of tenders during Q3 2019 with a 38% share.
The proportion of tenders by category in the Solar technology tracked by GlobalData in the quarter was as follows:
- Project Implementation: 251 tenders and a 79.9% share
- Supply & Erection: 20 tenders and a 6.4% share
- Power Purchase Agreement: 14 tenders and a 4.5% share
- Consulting & Similar Services: 13 tenders and a 4.1% share
- Repair, Maintenance, Upgrade & Others: ten tenders and a 3.2% share
- Electricity Supply: six tenders and a 1.9% share.
Asia-Pacific leads solar tenders activity in Q3 2019
Comparing tenders activity in solar technology in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position with 243 tenders and a share of 77.4% during Q3 2019, followed by Middle East and Africa with 27 tenders and an 8.6% share and North America with 20 tenders and a 6.4% share.
In fourth place was Europe with 18 tenders and a 5.7% share and in fifth place was South and Central America with six tenders and a 1.9% share.
Solar technology tenders in Q3 2019: Top companies by capacity
The top issuers of tenders in Solar technology for the quarter in terms of power capacity involved were:
- Solar Energy Corporation of India (India): 3,072.52MW from five tenders
- NHPC (India) and Emirates Water and Electricity (United Arab Emirates): 2,000MW from one tender
- Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution (India): 1,880MW capacity from 30 tenders.
Source GlobalData 2019