EUROSOLAR will award the European Solar Prize once again in 2015.
It is handed out since 1994 in recognition of extraordinary accomplishments and significant contributions to the use and expansion of renewable energy of towns, municipalities, companies, local associations, architects, journalists and individuals. For the twenty-second time this year, the European Solar Prize will honor outstanding commitment to the utilization of renewable energy.
The Solar Prize is given to make pioneers and leaders the focus of public attention and to give fresh impetus to a renewable energy-based and decentralized energy turnaround. It honors projects and initiatives from all parts of society. The recipients will be celebrated at a festive gathering.
The call for entries is launched in the following categories:
– Towns/municipalities, council districts, public utilities
– Solar architecture and urban planning
– Industrial and commercial companies or farmers
– Owners or operators of renewable energy installations
– Local or regional associations/organizations
– Transport and mobility
– Education and vocational training
– One world cooperation
– Special achievement prize for individual commitment
How to enter
Applications and nominations for the various prize categories may be submitted by using the European Solar Prize 2015 online entry form. Alternatively, you may send in your application by e-mail or post. Please make sure to provide the materials sent by post also in digital formats (such as CD-ROM or USB stick). Applications and nominations must be received no later than 30 June 2015.